Stewart Family Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 4

2 posters

Go down

chapter 4  Empty chapter 4

Post by bethsusan Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I like her taking time for what is important (even if it doesn't seem so.) When I retired I was guilty watching a movie or reading in the middle of the day. I thought my closets needed cleaning, there were loads of laundry to be done - it felt wrong to just take time. So I'm trying. Instead of cleaning up after the boys I try and just be with them and listen to what they say (or don't say.) I try to do more and enjoy more without the guilt. I try to live instead of do. I want new adventures and journeys savoring each wonderful thing I get to experience. I love her line "push away from regrets." I think we were raised with guilt and I am finally working to be free from that. We are here such a short amount of time - I want to spend time fully.

bethsusan

Back to top Go down

chapter 4  Empty Re: chapter 4

Post by amycagle Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:44 am

Hi just got back from vacation with very little cell or internet service, so am just looking at this today. Love the line you pulled out of this, to live fully is what we all should be striving for. I really am just plowing through this book, making myself read it, but I do find there will be a line that speaks to my heart once in a chapter like you did. Good post !!!

amycagle

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum